We genuinely love it when we see our Indian celebrities ditch western clothes and go all desi, embracing Indian silhouettes. Whether you think of bandhgalas and achkans, or the humble dhoti, Indian celebs know how to take the ethnic route in style.
Believe it or not though, as charming as most of them look, they simply don’t compare to the aristocratic charisma that Saif Ali Khan exudes.
We genuinely think, that as far as Indian menswear is concerned, he truly is the King Of Bollywood (sorry Shah Rukh!).
Here are a few pictures to prove that:
1. No one can deny the fact that Saif looks regal in this black outfit from Shantanu & Nikhil. We particularly like the asymmetrical silhouette of the achkan and the elaborate brooch that has been used as an accessory here.
2. Then, there is this classic black achkan, with golden buttons. The decision to pair it with white pants and a pair of black oxfords is as elegant as styling can get.
3. Now, this is how you go monochrome. The entire outfit, from the kurta-pyjama set to his slip-ons, are all golden, but because of the manner in which they fit, and that Nehru jacket with an intricate tonal print, it does not look tacky.
4. Wearing a light shade of grey on a white kurta can be a little boring. Here, Saif shows how adding a bit of colour, either through the buttons, or a simple, but vibrant pocket square can spruce up any boring outfit, exponentially.
5. Again, going all white can be very risky, especially since embroidery, no matter how delicate and intricate, is not always clearly visible. So what does Saif do here? He ensures that there is an element of colour, using that pink turban.
6. Mixing the best of Indian aesthetics with western silhouettes, this ensemble ticks all the boxes for aristocratic dressing.
We particularly like the choice of the brown sleeveless bandhgala, which seems to be made of coarse wool. That works really well on top of a simple, white dress shirt. Oh, and those monk straps, are again, awesome.
7. Finally, we have this magnificent bandhgala from Raghavendra Rathore. The French cuffs of the shirt, the mauve pocket square, the manner in which the buttons are held together on the bandhgala with circular toggle buttons – everything works just perfectly.
Seriously, if you have a wedding or an event to attend to, and are planning to take the Indian Ethnic route, you’ve got to go with something that emulates what Saif has worn in the past. Trust us, you can’t go wrong.
Shop The Story
Photo: © Facebook/saifalikhan (Main Image)
Author: ” — www.mensxp.com “